1. How did your love of illustrating began? Did you come from an artistic background?
I have always loved drawing, I think since the age of 3 or 4. My grandma always used to draw with me and kind of taught me as well, she has got a very good sense of beauty and dresses nicely. Also other people from my family are into painting and arts in general. A part of my family owns one of Wassily Kandinsky´s former favorite Café in the south of Germany.
2. Who are some of the artists you respect and inspire by?
I like and respect many artists. Picasso is my favorite, I also like Kandinsky and George Grozs, Eduardo Paolozzi and Andy Warhol.
3. If there is a period of time in art history you would like to be in, which period would it be and why?
Not sure but I think Dadaism. Shocking interesting artworks, extravagating artists, love it!
4. Can you describe your process: what prompt you to start sketching, are the subjects usually people/places you are familiar with?
Anything can start me sketching, a funny mood, interesting people, nice architecture, cool editorials in a magazine.
5. What are the medium you use to illustrate—pen, oil, charcoal pencil?
Pencils and Acrylic painting.
6. Do you have a titles for each illustration you create?
If so, could you tell us how you came up with the title for each illustration?
7. What is your most satisfying piece of artwork you have create on your own to date?
My favorite is consisting of a number of paintings and collages, inspired by London, Pop Art artists as well as Dadaism artists.
8. Was it a easy process or did you have to struggle for a long period of time before achieving the finish piece?
It took me quite a while to finish it. Probably about 4 weeks or longer as I kept changing it, repainted things, arranged them differently. I think that’s what it takes to be satisfied in the end. If I look at it now, I want to change it again but it's back at home in Germany, I'm in London.
9. Do you see yourself leading a potential career in the arts?
It's only a hobby but I think it may be helpful when I once have my own advertising agency. Creativity is always a plus, isn't it? I see myself as a creative business-man in the future after university.
10. Define the word "Beauty" from your perspective? What's beautiful to Andre?
Hard one! I think anything that catches me in a way. Not necessarily nice things. I find paintings from George Grosz beautiful in a way for example. Is that weird?
11. Modeling question: How did you get into the world of modeling? What were you pursuing prior to it?
I got scouted in London, 2 months after graduating from school in Germany. I want to work in Advertising.
12. Your most memorable shoot you have done to date? Could you tell us about it?
In Hamburg, in an old church without a roof, it was constantly cloudy and raining except some very short sunny moments, it was my first shoot even before I started modeling, I was very excited because it was kind of new to me and I expected it to be different. The photographer who shoot me is a good friend.
13. Your motto in life.
I feel like my motto in life is changing all the time! But always positive! I try to make the best out of everything, try to improve, learn new things, try to grow in every way.
Please include 3 of your favorite illustrations and a comment on each to let us know why you chose them as your faves.
I researched a lot for this work, which was very interesting for me. I've learned a lot about art from that and it also opened new perspectives to me. I drew it before I moved, one year ago, the places in the paintings are in London though.
A Spanish woman, remorseless, unafraid and timeless.
Drew it during London Fashion week, after the Todd Lynn Show, two models, the one on the right is a good friend. Reminds me of a good time that I had and still have. I enjoy my life at the moment.
AGENT: Christophe Sanchez-Vahle
IMAGES: Rokas Darulus-www.rokasdarulis.co.uk
CASTING: John Tan
MODEL: André Feulner/Premier (UK)
COPY EDITOR: Jonathan Shia
Special thanks to Christophe Sanchez-Vahle at Premier Model Mgmt. for his support.