Tuesday, April 13, 2010

NEW KID IN TOWN|GIL SCHIAVON



All Clothing are from Topman S|S 2010 Collection.

Name|Gil Schiavon Machado

Age|19

Hometown|Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil


How did you get discovered?

An ex-girlfriend took me to a small agency back in Brazil. I met some people there that brought me to Ford Brazil and then I started modeling.


Prior to modeling, what career or schooling were you pursuing? Are you still planning to pursue this career?

I started modeling right after high school, so I wasn't really pursuing any other career. But I've been playing guitar and singing since I was nine and I still think about trying it.


People would be surprised to know...

I'm a language lover.


Do you have a secret talent?

Back in high school some teachers used to tell me I could be a writer.


Five things you can't live without:

1. My guitar

2. Some money

3. Movie theaters

4. Family support

5. Good friends


Is there a song that sums up what you are about as a individual? Why did you choose this song?

I cannot say there is a song that totally sums up what I am, but there's a song that has everything to do with what's been up with me lately, which is John Mayer's “Who Says.” I chose this John Mayer song because it's about letting go of any fear to be yourself and that's what I've been trying to do.


What is the most reckless thing you have ever done?

Once I let go of a chance to study in Canada at the last minute because I was in love with a girl in Brazil. Don't tell anybody.


AGENT|Jesse Simon|Ford
IMAGES|Shannon Sinclair|www.shannonsinclair.com
FASHION EDITOR|CONCEPT|CASTING|John Tan
MODEL|Gil Schiavon|Ford
COPY EDITOR|Jonathan Shia
Special thanks to Jesse Simon, Michael Zakrzewski and Danny Jestakom at Topman and Shannon Sinclair.

1 comment: