Sunday, January 16, 2011

JE SUIS UN PLAY-BOY|MATTHEW SCHMERGE



All clothing, stylist's archives.

IN CONVERSATION: MATTHEW SCHMERGE

Name|Matt Schmerge

Age|17

Hometown|Rye, New York


How did you get discovered?

George Brown (my agent) stopped me on the street and gave me his business card. I followed up a year later when I moved full time to NYC.


Items that are always with me when I am traveling :

The farthest I've traveled so far was for a shoot with photographer Jon Malinowski in Poughkeepsie, NY. I always have to have music with me to pass waiting time and to get me pumped up for the next shot.


Favorite places you have been to:

My favorite place was when I and three other RED models shot with photographer Joseph Bleu out on the cobblestone streets downtown. Even though it was a little cold, haha.


Favorite dish to eat:

Penne a la vodka


People would be surprised to know that I...

I used to be on a hip hop/step dance team. The dance team have opened for the Knicks.


What type of music do you like listening to?

I like all types of music with a good danceable beat.


Do you have a lucky charm?

The tattoo on my back. The numbers are my late grandpa's birthday date in Roman numerals.


If you had to choose a song that would best describe you as an individual, what song would it be and why did you choose it?

Here I Am by Nicki Minaj


What are you most obsessed about?

A bottle of white Zinfandel and a pack of Marlboro Blend No. 27's


What irritates you?

Having to wake up early in the morning!


Your favorite curse word...and why?

Fuck because it is versatile


What turns you on? What turns you off?

Turn on: Red lipstick on a girl and Christian Louboutins

Turn off: Bad breath and jealousy


What's your favorite pickup line?

The scene in Superbad, where the girl goes "You scratch my back and I will scratch yours" and the guys goes, "Funny thing about my back is that it is located on my cock."


Describe your personal style.

Skinny jeans, John Varvatos shoes, scarf, button down shirt and something with fur.


What is your new year wish for 2011 and resolution?

I wish to finally leave the US for the first time for modeling and make money in a different currency because that's swag! :)


MODEL AGENT|George Brown|Dave Fothergill|Red

IMAGES|John Tan
CONCEPT|STYLING|CASTING|John Tan
MODEL|Matthew Schmerge|Red
Special thanks to George Brown and Dave Fothergill at Red Models for their support. Matthew Schmerge for his enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment